As a charity seeking donations from the public we SouthWest Counselling Centre aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in SouthWest Counselling Centre. We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will: Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources. Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities. Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements. Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition. Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law. Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally. Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents. Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints. Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties. Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
Public Compliance Statement
- SouthWest Counselling Centre is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the governing body.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are received regularly by the governing body.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre has a policy on working with third party fundraisers (if applicable).
- SouthWest Counselling Centre provides honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre has appointed a member of the governing body and/or a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the CEO and governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
- SouthWest Counselling Centre is accessible to the public through a number of readily available contact options.
Feedback or Complaint Procedure
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact us in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by Management. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details. Write to: The Manager, SouthWest Counselling Centre Lewis Road Killarney Co. Kerry Tel: 064 663 6416 Email: email@example.com. We are open 5 days a week from 9:30 am to 5.00 pm, and closed between 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm each day. What happens next? If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline. What if the complaint is not resolved? If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to The Chairperson, Board of Management, SouthWest Counselling Centre, Lewis Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
If you have feedback or a complaint – Step Two
Monitoring Group Ideally in the first instance you should address your complaint to the organisation as outlined above. You may however at any stage make your complaint in writing to the Monitoring Group who oversee charities compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Write to: The Chairperson Board of Management SouthWest Counselling Centre Lewis Road Killarney Co. Kerry Tel: 064 663 6416 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org What happens next? You will receive confirmation of receipt of your complaint within 7 days. The Monitoring Group will consider complaints and will respond according to its own procedures. This complaints procedure does not apply to SouthWest Counselling Centre’s staff or agents.
GDPR – Data Protection
SouthWest Counselling Centre is compliant with all GDPR regulations. Further information including a copy of our policy or for any queries you may have please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com